May 20, 2018
Vegan cheesecake.. like a cheesecake should look!
Every time i see a classic cheesecake i get reminded of my unanswered love for cheesecakes. A few weeks ago i already tried to make a vegan, sugarfree version that turned out with a citrus flavour. But this time i wanted to make a version that resembles to the classic cheesecake as much as possible: the smooth, creamy structure with a red layer on top! It turned out deliciiiiious!
- 8 medjoul dates
- 450 grams unroasted almonds
- a bit of rice & coconut milk (without added sugars! This milk is already sweet by itself)
- 8 medjoul dates
- 400 grams unroasted cashews
- a bit of coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- juice of 2 lemons
- a bit of rice & coconut milk
- 7 medjoul dates
- 300 grams frozen strawberries & cherries
- To make the crust: simply mix all the ingredients in a foodprocessor till it becomes a sticky mixture. Don’t forget to remove the pits from the dates! Add more milk if the mixture doesn’t become sticky. Put the mixture in a cake tin and place it in the freezer.
- Quickly rinse the foodprocessor.
- Remove the pits from the dates. Then mix the ‘cheesecake’ layer ingredients in a foodprocessor till it becomes a smooth mixture. Put this layer on the crust and place it back in the freezer.
- Wait about an hour before applying the topping, so the layers of the cake don’t mix together.
- Mix the dates and the frozen fruits together in a foodprocessor and cover the cheesecake with it.
- Leave the cake in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
This cake can be enjoyed frozen, or take it out of the freezer overnight/ for a while to enjoy a more creamy taste. I hope you like this cake just as much as i do!
Written by Judith
Hello! I’m stepping up my sustainability-game!
On this website I’ll share all my experiences, discoveries and dilemmas along the way. Above all, I hope to inspire you by showing that it doesn’t take much effort to live a sustainable lifestyle.. It really is possible to take better care of everything that is while staying yourself and keep doing what you do!
Are you in?
April 2, 2018
Creamy blueberry & raspberry pie (vegan & sugar free)
Recipe for a raw, vegan, creamy berry pie on top of a crust made with brazil nuts, cocoa and coconut.Continue reading